Plants are lovely additions to any home; they look beautiful, they smell good, and they are fun to nurture and grow. But did you know that house plants offer a whole bunch of health benefits as well?! It’s true! Read on to learn more about what indoor plants can do to help keep you and your home healthy.
What benefits do house plants offer?
I always figured that the purpose of house plants was just to look pretty, so I was shocked to learn about all the ways that they can help improve our physical and mental health! Here are just a few of the amazing benefits that indoor plants offer:
- Increase humidity in your home– this softens the air and eases symptoms like dry sinuses and dry skin
- Decrease dust– this can help to decrease allergies and sinus issues
- Improve air quality– plants help to remove pollutants and decrease carbon dioxide in the home
- Raise productivity– studies have shown that having plants in the workplace increases productivity!
- Reduce stress– house plants increase oxygen levels, which in turn reduces anxiety and stress
- Lower blood pressure– as stated above, plants help decrease stress levels, which can help lower blood pressure
- Promote happiness– new studies have shown that plant soil have “outdoorphins” which boost mood and promote well being- cool right?!
Which plants are best for the home?
There are so many plants out there, it can be hard to know which plants you should buy for your home. Here are a few indoor plants that can help keep you and your home happy and healthy!
- Aloe vera
- English ivy
- Gerbera daisy
- Peace lily
- Bamboo palm
- Dragon tree
NASA recommends keeping 15-18 plants in your home to help keep your home environment clean and healthy, so stock up!
How cool are plants?! I love the fact that these beautiful living things work hard in our home to purify the air, boost our moods, and help keep us healthy. Not to mention they are great decor! Thank you, Mother Nature! I hope this has given you some insight to the countless benefits that house plants can offer us. Happy plant shopping!
P.S. Did you know you can buy live plants and flowers on amazon?? What can’t you buy on there now days! The prices are great and you can’t beat free 2-day shipping! Click Here to check out there huge selection!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure for more info.